"Because you can be sure, my dear Crito, that misuse of words is not only troublesome in itself, but actually has a bad effect on the soul." Phaedo

Aphorism #1:

Are you a Lover of Words?

A Lover of Words knows that words are not just the means to communicate how we feel and what we want. And, that love is not just a pleasurable feeling meant to entertain and relieve boredom.  A Lover of Words regards words as the central tenant to all existence, and, the one word that gives all other words substance is the real and true understanding of love. A Lover of Words acknowledges that the word ‘love’ can only be all the things humanity wants love to be – magical, pleasurable and life affirming – is if God is acknowledged as the source of love.  If God is not acknowledged as Being in that which we profess a love for, then the feeling is not love but, rather, it is lust.  The use of this word is not meant to imply a sexual context, the definition of Lust can be applied to anything that is craved, for its pleasures alone, so ardently one will become a slave to the addiction.

After A Storm

After A Storm

12 responses

1. Stunning work, amazing flow, enthralling!
    a.g.

Liked by 1 person

November 27, 2014 at 12:53 am

• Yes I am!

December 6, 2014 at 5:29 pm

• And humble too…!
        a.g.

Liked by 1 person

December 6, 2014 at 5:36 pm

• anthony gomez

Is your reply to be interpreted as discrete or non-discreet?

December 6, 2014 at 5:53 pm

• I am discretely non-discreet as the night, forever on the other side of light, where I can sense movement in self, but can’t see it. 🙂 But,also on a less than profound level, I am also in the midst of term-papers and finals so I will be the reverse, non-discreetly discrete of which I struggle with an analogy. Hehe.

December 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

• I meant to identify myself as a lover of words and laguage, nothing more.

December 7, 2014 at 2:11 pm

• Didn’t mean to imply anything overly pretentious without your permission. Regrets for any imposition; only meant to say “Thank you”, truly, nothing more.

Liked by 1 person

December 8, 2014 at 9:42 am

2. I could tell that this is true of my brothers here, right from your first commentaries. Thank you., Greg and a.g.

December 7, 2014 at 9:57 am

3. Funny, I never read all the way through this! to write lustily – good imagery!

January 27, 2015 at 7:40 pm

• So glad you were able to read this selection. I know it is rather lengthy, and can leave a reader skeptical as to any value in such ramblings. 🙂 Thank you.

Liked by 1 person

January 28, 2015 at 10:40 am

4. Thank you, Barney, you are most kind, which is a kindness that means a lot coming from you.

January 29, 2015 at 10:08 am